Wednesday, February 29, 2012

A Day in Kouvola


February29:

Hey guys.  Happy Leap Day!  Maybe the extra day doesn't mean much to you, but for me I'm always happy to celebrate a holiday, even if the day isn't technically a holiday.  Leap day means the Summer Olympics are coming, and I love the summer games almost as much as the World Cup so I get pretty psyched about Leap Day.  As you know since you read everyday, I went to Kouvola today with Kenny and Vili.  It was a pretty fun .  The best thing about going to Kouvola though was simply leaving Myllykoski.  Any reason to leave this place is a good reason.  I made this video right before we left.

As you can see, it was a beautiful day to take a day trip.  The sun was shining and we were ready to go to the big city!  Once downtown, we realized that Kouvola was indeed not that big, but still interesting.  Over the next five hours we walked around the city centre and generally enjoyed ourselves.  It's a bit embarrassing, but my favorite part of the day was going shopping at Dressmann, a store that sells dressy-type clothes.  I bought some clothes on the sales rack and everything cost me 20 euros total!  I bought two semi-dressy shirts, dressy pants and a nice outdoor jacket.  The jacket was 100 euros normally, the pants 40, and the shirts 40 each.  Maybe I’ll get around to posting pictures sometime.  For now here's a picture of that shopping center.








In addition to bargain shopping, we also used this trip to take go to a few restaurants.  There are no restaurants in Myllykoski, except for a pizza place.  First, we went to Hessburger, a fast food burger place.  The boys got burgers, but I went for the fish and chips.  I went to England for the first time last year, and the only thing (other than the people) that I missed was the fish and chips.  Just one restaurant wasn’t enough though, and after a few hours we went to another one called Angelina’s and got some chicken and pasta.  We have to be ready for our double trainings tomorrow!
There’s really not much more to say about Kouvola.  It was disappointingly small.  There was plenty of shopping though, so if I end up signing here at MYPA then I will at least have a way to kill some time on the off days.  My next trip if I’m still here next week will be to Helsinki, so stay tuned.  I’ll let you know how it goes!

No comments:

Post a Comment