Sunday, February 19, 2012

No Jaro Contract

February 19:

Bad news today as I found out that I won’t get a contract from Jaro.  I am not totally surprised, since I played very poorly in my first test match.  When I saw that I was not starting the second match, I got the feeling that my chances weren’t so good.  Even then, I played well in the second match against VPS and my confidence is pretty high considering I’ve got no club and as of this very second no trials either.  I know I can play in Europe.  I’ve seen the players who have contracts and I’ve done well against them.  I’ve been in the trainings and matches and had success.  Sometimes it’s difficult though to be a trialist.  You have to be amazing just to be considered.
On that note, I have to say that as time goes on I find being a trialist gets easier mentally.  Years ago, a trial would make me freak out and I could hardly play.  I never took any time to enjoy Denver when I was drafted to the Rapids nor did I take much time to enjoy some other places I’ve been.  Now, I just play relaxed and let my talent show.  If it doesn’t work, it doesn’t work.  There’s no reason for me to dwell on it and I understand that.  That doesn’t mean that I don’t worry sometimes about my future, but in the grand scheme of things it could be worse.  I’m in Europe chasing a dream.  More accurately I should say I’m in Europe chasing the first step of my dream.  Right now I’m a bit stressed because I honestly don’t know where I’ll be tomorrow.  I won’t mention the clubs that I am talking to now but they are my only hints as to where I could potentially spend the next few years of my life.  And if something can’t be arranged with those clubs who knows?  Sometimes it’s fun to not know what’s coming next, but when it’s your career or your life, the guessing game isn’t so much fun.  But I have money in the bank right now so I’ll be going on trials wherever they’ll take me until I get a contract somewhere.  I’m still hopeful that I will end up in a good situation where I’m happy.  I know of quite a few places that are more appealing to me than Jakobstad or Valkeakoski, Finland.

That’s all I’ve got for now.  I’ll keep you all posted as to what happens next!

No comments:

Post a Comment